Purpose built as holiday accommodation Te Puia Lodge is not your average kiwi bach. Nestled in private gardens, Te Puia Lodge is the perfect hideaway for people wanting to get away from it all. Couples and families alike will enjoy the spacious design and indoor-outdoor flow. The tidy kitchen is fully equipped to keep your holiday stress-free with all the conveniences of home and essential supplies. The dining area seats six, perfect for warm winter dinners beside the fireplace. Or make use of the outdoor dining area for lunches and barbecues, rain or shine, under the covered deck. Laze the day away with a book, a cold drink and a platter on the outdoor lounge. Enjoy the sea breeze through the large screen doors while you sit back in the comfortable living room with Smart TV (Netflix, Youtube, Freeview etc) and Blu-ray player. The lodge has a contemporary bathroom, additional separate toilet, and laundry facilities – and of course plenty of bath and beach towels. When the time comes to relax and unwind, retire to comfortable beds, made for you with luxurious 100% cotton linen.
Te Puia Lodge
- Private, luxury accommodation
- Large covered deck area
- Innovative open plan design
- Comfortable indoor/outdoor spaces
- Fully equipped kitchen
- WiFi, Netflix and Freeview TV
- The lodge sleeps up to 6 people
- The master bedroom has a super-king bed
- The second bedroom has a queen bed
- The living room has a single divan and trundle bed
- Quality 100% cotton linen is provided at no additional cost
The lodge is fully equipped and we provide plenty of complimentary supplies to ensure you feel at home…. Wi-Fi, bluetooth/CD stereo, beach towels, spades for digging hot pools, hand and body soap, toilet paper, hair dryer, port-a-cot, highchair, extra blankets, full-size fridge/freezer, electric oven, gas hob, microwave, dishwasher, gas barbecue, off-road parking, cleaning products, mop and bucket, vacuum, washing machine and dryer, basket and laundry powder, iron and board, clothes rack, firewood (seasonal).
- WI-FI … Wi-Fi is available throughout the house at no additional charge. We do ask that you be considerate of your data use as we are unable to get unlimited data in our area. Due to our rural location you may find that the signal is not consistently excellent because of the cellular connection.
- MOBILE RECEPTION … The mobile reception of Vodafone and Spark signal is limited at the property however it is readily available at the beach.
- GROCERIES … The nearest supermarkets are 30 minutes drive away at Whitianga so it is best to bring groceries with you. The local stores offer a selection of grocery items but they are not open late. There are a few restaurants, cafes and other shops at Hot Water Beach and nearby Hahei. These are open during the daytime and most nights but hours are seasonal so making a reservation is a good idea.
- BREAKFAST … We do not supply breakfast however we do provide tea, instant and plunger coffee, sugar, milk, oil, salt and pepper.
- CLEANING … We do not charge an additional fee for cleaning but guests are expected to leave the house tidy. We expect guests to:
Strip or fold down used beds.
Put used towels in the laundry or bathroom.
Wash all of your dishes. (You are welcome to leave the dishwasher going.)
Sort rubbish, recycling and compost in the bins provided.
(Please leave food in the kitchen/fridge if you are unable to take it with you.)
- SUSTAINABILITY … We are passionate about sustainability and organics. We choose to use Ecostore and Earthwise products for cleaning and laundry. We supply other organic and natural products when available. We encourage you to be thoughtful about your waste and please recycle where possible.
- WATER … Our tap water is safe and delicious for drinking. Please do not bring bottled water.
- PETS … We are unable to accept guests with pets because the property is unsuitable (as it has shared access and is not fully fenced) and in consideration of other guests to ensure no allergens/odours are left after your visit.
- MOSQUITOES … Being situated in a coastal location we do get mosquitoes in the warmer months. We recommend you keep the window and door screens closed to prevent them from coming inside and bothering you at night. And if you are sensitive to mosquitoes you will benefit from repellant and antihistamines, so remember to bring them with you.
- PROPERTY … The house is located next door to Te Puia House our other rental. The house and lodge have a shared driveway but other than that, they are very seperate and private from each other. We do ask that you are considerate of your neighbours and try to keep noise to a respectful level at night.