Te Puia House is a large family home situated right in the heart of Hot Water Beach village, across the road from the world famous beach. The 3 storey house has all the facilities for a stress-free holiday and can sleep up to ten people making it perfect for family groups. The large open plan kitchen and dining, sunny upstairs lounge, cosy bedrooms, decks and courtyards provide plenty of spaces for everybody to relax. The established gardens ensure privacy while being just a stones throw from the beach.
Te Puia House
- Family friendly accommodation
- Spacious dining and living areas
- Sun-drenched decks for relaxing
- Sleeps up to 10 people
- Right in the heart of Hot Water Beach
- WiFi, Netflix and Freeview TV
- Large front bedroom with queen bed, single bed, single trundler bed, TV, ensuite and deck.
- Generous kitchen, dining and breakfast bar to accommodate the whole family. Conveniences include full-sized fridge/freezer, electric oven, gas hob, and dishwasher. Tea, coffee, sugar, milk, oil, salt and pepper are provided.
- Full bathroom and separate toilet with soap and towels provided.
- Laundry with washer and dryer. Laundry powder, cleaning products and equipment, plus plenty of extra towels and blankets are supplied.
- Mature sub-tropical gardens, lawn area and courtyards, including gas barbecue.
- Ample off-street parking including covered parking for two vehicles.
- Comfortable lounge with Smart TV (Netflix, Youtube, Freeview etc) and Blu-ray player.
- Large, sun-drenched deck with outdoor lounge and sea views.
- Cosy master bedroom with king bed and ensuite.
- Additional single bed in an open-plan room connected to the lounge.
- Library with single bed and open-plan stairway connecting to the 3rd storey.
- Tranquil tower bedroom with queen bed and private roof-top deck.
The house is fully equipped with plenty of complimentary supplies to ensure you feel at home. The beds are made with quality 100% cotton linen, provided at no additional charge. There are lots of books and magazines, games, puzzles and toys. A few DVDs for the kids. Spades for digging hot pools. Replacement LPG bottles available for the barbecue, hob or califont shower.
- WI-FI … Wi-Fi is available throughout the house at no additional charge. We do ask that you be considerate of your data use as we are unable to get unlimited data in our area. Due to our rural location you may find that the signal is not consistently excellent because of the cellular connection.
- MOBILE RECEPTION … The mobile reception of Vodafone and Spark signal is limited at the property however it is readily available at the beach.
- GROCERIES … The nearest supermarkets are 30 minutes drive away at Whitianga so it is best to bring groceries with you. The local stores offer a selection of grocery items but they are not open late. There are a few restaurants, cafes and other shops at Hot Water Beach and nearby Hahei. These are open during the daytime and most nights but hours are seasonal so making a reservation is a good idea.
- BREAKFAST … We do not supply breakfast however we do provide tea, instant and plunger coffee, sugar, milk, oil, salt and pepper.
- CLEANING … We do not charge an additional fee for cleaning but guests are expected to leave the house tidy. We expect guests to:
Strip or fold down used beds.
Put used towels in the laundry or bathroom.
Wash all of your dishes. (You are welcome to leave the dishwasher going.)
Sort rubbish, recycling and compost in the bins provided.
(Please leave food in the kitchen/fridge if you are unable to take it with you.)
- SUSTAINABILITY … We are passionate about sustainability and organics. We choose to use Ecostore and Earthwise products for cleaning and laundry. We supply other organic and natural products when available. We encourage you to be thoughtful about your waste and please recycle where possible.
- WATER … Our tap water is safe and delicious for drinking. Please do not bring bottled water.
- PETS … We are unable to accept guests with pets because the property is unsuitable (as it has shared access and is not fully fenced) and in consideration of other guests to ensure no allergens/odours are left after your visit.
- MOSQUITOES … Being a coastal location we do get mosquitoes in the warmer months. We recommend you close windows at dusk to prevent them from coming inside and bothering you at night. And if you are sensitive to mosquitoes you will benefit from repellant and antihistamines, so remember to bring them with you.
- PROPERTY … The house is located next door to Te Puia Lodge our other rental. The house and lodge have a shared driveway but other than that, they are very seperate and private from each other. We do ask that you are considerate of your neighbours and try to keep noise to a respectful level at night.